Directions to 40 PlusMonday Morning Speaker:
7 Mistakes the 50+ Job Seeker Should Never Make
with Guild Certified Career Coach and founder of ASPIRE! EMPIRE! a career strategy group LAURA LABOVICH.
BIO / Contact:
Equal parts kick-butt trainer and nurturing “job sage,” I am passionate about helping my clients move mountains in their job search. As a Guild Certified Five O’Clock Club Career Coach, award-winning résumé writer, enthusiastic speaker, social media addict, and devoted networker with 12+ years’ HR experience at Fortune 100 companies, I remain committed to helping others find work that fires them up!
I like to say that I was “born and raised professionally at Disney” so I have the Disney spunk and customer service mentality in my blood. After receiving my first promotion out of polyester, I recruited nationwide for the Walt Disney World College Program and led the recruitment and staffing efforts for Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach water parks.
At America Online, Inc. I designed and launched AOL’s college internship program and coached hundreds of employeesundefinedfrom entry-level to executiveundefinedon how to fit in, stand out, and move up in the company and in their careers!
In addition to a Master of Labor Relations and Human Resource Management Degree from Michigan State University, I am the proud owner of the following certifications: Certified Expert Resume Writer, Credentialed Career Manager, Job and Career Transition Coach, and Certified Networking Coach with Contacts Count. My easy-to-implement approach has garnered attention from such national news media as The Washington Post, Monster.com, and Aol. Jobs, to name a few.
But, above all else, I feel that it is my generous and grateful spirit that allows me to be the advocate I am for my clients… and I believe, without a doubt, that there is MORE than enough pie to go around for everyone!
Education and Certifications
- Masters degree in Labor Relations and Human Resources Management (MLRHR) from the nationally ranked and highly competitive program at Michigan State University
- Guild Certified Five O’Clock Club Coach
- Job-Hunt.org Fortune 500 Job Career Expert
- Careerealism-Approved Career Expert and daily contributor to the Twitter Advice Project (T.A.P.)
- Contract Career Coach with CareerBuilder.com
- Credentialed Career Master (CCM) with The Career Masters Alliance
- Certified Expert Résumé Writer (CARW) with Career Directors, International
- 360Reach Assessment Certified
- Certified Job and Career Transition Coach
- Directory of Professional Resume Writers: How to Find and Work with a Pro to Accelerate Your Job Search, by Louise Kursmark (Jist Publishing)
- Find a Job Through Social Networking: Use Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and More to Advance your Career
- Tell Me About Yourself: Storytelling to Get Jobs and Propel Your Career
- ResumeMaker® Professional 2008
- Resumes that Knock ‘Em Dead 2008
- Job Search Bloopers: Every Mistake You Can Make on the Road to Career Suicide….and How to Avoid Them
- Happy About My Resume: 50 Tips for Building a Better Document to Secure a Brighter Future
- 2007-2008 CDI Mega Trends: What You and Your Clients Need to Know
Laura M. Labovich
Or e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan to join us after the meeting for networking. Many of us carry our conversations to lunch at the nearby Brookings Institution.Attire is business casual, recruiters are often present, so we ask all Monday Speaker attendees to contribute to the professional standards and objectives of this important networking meeting.
Doors open at 9:15 for networking and the program starts promptly at 10:00.
40Plus of Greater Washington
1718 P Street, NW, Suite T2
Washington, DC 20036
near the DuPont Circle Metro, use the South exit.
Directions to 40Plus
40Plus of Greater Washington
Empowering Experienced Professionals
for Successful Career Transitions